WESTERN RESERVE ROWING ASSOCIATION
Western Reserve Rowing Association (WRRA) provides and promotes adult competitive and recreational rowing for the Northeast Ohio community through quality programming. WRRA is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization with over 600 adult members.
Since 1989, WRRA has offered a variety of membership and program options aimed at developing and maintaining a diverse membership of adults of all ages, whether they are new to rowing or veteran competitors. WRRA is a member of USRowing, the governing body for the sport of rowing in the U.S.
More information: WesternReserveRowing.com
Register for a Learn-to-Row: http://www.westernreserverowing.com/try-rowing/learn-row/
2017 Masters Team RESULTS
– Capital Sprints Regatta: 11 medals
– RowOntario Masters Sprints: 15 medals
– Royal Canadian Henley Masters: 10 medals (2 gold)
– USRowing National Championships: 16 medals (Ranked 5th Nationally out of 125)
– Head of the Cuyahoga: 9 medals + Ivanhoe Boat Club Award
– Head of the Welland: 10 medals
– Head of the Charles: 16th out of 57th (Men’s 50+ 8+ Re-qualified)
– Head of the Speakmon: 3 medals
– Head of the Hooch: 6 medals (15 Re-qualifications) (Ranked 2nd out of 89 Masters clubs)
The competitive rowing programs provide structure and encouragement for WRRA members with a minimum one year of prior rowing experience who desire to participate in competitive rowing. Outcomes include an improvement of the technical skills and physical condition of rowers in the program; and increased recognition of WRRA as effective competitors at local, regional, and national rowing competitions. Contact Head Coach Kirk Lang at email@example.com for information on how to try out for the team.
WRRA offers a coached rowing program with an emphasis on learning to row, improve technique, and enjoy being outdoors on the river. It is for those rowers that want to get out on the river and row with some coaching with no emphasis on racing.