CASE Crew Coach
Announcement from Case CREW:
Case Western Reserve University is looking to fill a head coaching position for the 2012-13 school year. The team competes in fall and spring.
CWRU Crew finished the 2012 season with 30 rowers and expects a roster of at least 25 for 2013. The team is a part of the athletic department with sport club status. The team operates under the guidelines of the athletic department as well as the student organizations office at CWRU.
• Possess the expertise needed to coach college rowing
• Have and maintain any appropriate certification/licenses/insurance
• Will assist in scheduling practices and contests for CWRU Rowing
• Will attend any practices, contests, and events
• Will adhere to all university mandates and expectations
• Shall have a hand in promoting CWRU Rowing, internally (including recruiting members and fundraising) as well as in the greater community, within university guidelines
• Coach will be involved in coaching/teaching as it relates to skills of the sport, with all other areas of the Crew Club such as rosters, paperwork, organization, etc. managed by the club members with coach assistance
• Crew Coach reports directly to the Assistant Director of Sport Clubs, who will also evaluate, with input from Crew Club. Other supervisors include the Director of Intramurals and Athletic Director.
Coach will be hired consistent with Case Western Reserve University human resource policies as an at-will employee with a one year contract. Club related travel expenses will be reimbursed. Salary range will be $8000 - $11,500 based on experience for the fiscal year July 1 – June 30.
Interested coaches should apply by sending a Cover Letter, Resume and the names and contact information for 3 references to
Case Western Reserve University
Matt Lake, Sport Clubs
10900 Euclid Ave
Cleveland, OH 44106-7223
Review of applications will begin immediately.